Under the recommendation of the EU, Ireland will participate in the union’s COVID travel certificate system, which shows the holder’s proof of vaccination, recovery from COVID-19, or negative test results, and allows them to travel across the EU without COVID restrictions.
Irish Experience Tours welcomes the commitment to extend the Digital Covid Certificate to vaccinated visitors from other countries – including Great Britain and North America.
In response to this positive news, we would like to offer you a FREE phone consultation with a professional Irish Travel Advisor to help you plan your trip to Ireland. Please fill out the form at the bottom of this post to speak with an expert travel advisor for up to 30 mins about your dream Ireland tour.
For more news on Irelands reopening, please continue reading.
Ireland has been operating under the strictest level of restrictions from last December to this May, so where are we now?
- Domestic travel is now permitted and hotels will open on June 2.
- Restaurants and bars can currently only offer takeout or delivery services, but outdoor dining will resume from June 7, and indoor hospitality for pubs and restaurants will be permitted from July 5.
- Museums, galleries and cultural attractions opened in mid-May with social distancing and face mask guidelines in place.
- Theatres are permitted to follow in June
- and pilot outdoor events will be trialled later this summer to facilitate the return of festivals
When Can I Travel To Ireland?
GREAT NEWS!!! Travellers from the USA, Great Britain and the rest of the EU who arrive in Ireland on or after July 19th 2021 with proof of vaccination will have no travel-related testing or quarantine requirement.
If you don’t carry a valid proof of vaccination when you arrive in Ireland after July 19th 2021, you will need to:
- Present evidence of a negative PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country;
- Undergo post-arrival testing, provided by the Irish health service.
What about Quarantine?
If you arrive in Ireland before July 19th 2021 and your country of origin is on the government-designated list, you must complete a 14-day mandatory hotel quarantine, borne at your own expense. Please see the full list HERE
Countries on the designated list are subject to change and will be removed in line with their respective rates of vaccination and Covid-19 infection.
Note: The United States of America was removed from this list on Friday, 28 May with immediate effect
Please read Travelling to Ireland during the COVID-19 pandemic on the official government website HERE
‘Emergency Brake’ Mechanism, what is it and how will it affect my tour?
When the epidemiological situation of a non-EU country worsens quickly and in particular if a variant of concern or interest is detected, a Member State can urgently and temporarily suspend all inbound travel by non-EU citizens resident in such a country.
If you arrive in Ireland after July 19th from a country to which this mechanism has been applied, you will have to undergo some form of quarantine. This will be dependent on your vaccination status.
We will continue to monitor this changing situation and we will follow the advice issued by national and international bodies. If there are any major changes, we will let you know.
What to expect when you travel in Ireland with Irish Experience Tours?
We understand that the decision to travel is a personal one. What matters most is that you feel comfortable, and there are many factors that determine that. Some are within our control and some aren’t, but we believe the Irish Experience style of travel is particularly well-suited to these unusual times.
Irish Experience Tours has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp and Ireland’s Safety Charter., which provides travellers with the assurance that we have adopted health and hygiene on both national and global standardised protocols – so you can experience ‘Safe Travels’.
Find out more about our commitment to Safety and Hygiene HERE
TRAVELFlex – Our NEW Flexible Booking Policy
We understand that it’s normal to feel cautious about making travel plans in the near future.
You’re not alone.
We’ve been talking to customers frequently throughout this difficult and uncertain time and have paid close attention to their feelings and feedback.
Our customers are anxious and apprehensive, yet they’re also seeking something to look forward to in post-quarantine life. See our flexible changes below:
- A reduced deposit of €99 per person secures your place on any tour.
- Change your date or tour for free up to 30 days before travel with final payment is not required until 30 days prior to your departure date. Learn more
- Choose to pay off your trip in easy instalments. No fees, no interest, no worries!
- Flexible travel with no commitment. Learn more
Please note we have relaxed our balance payment terms from 60 to 30 days prior to departure. See our Terms & Conditions
Free Phone Consultation:
In response to this positive news, we would like to offer you a FREE phone consultation with a professional Irish Travel Advisor to help you plan your trip to Ireland.
What does this FREE phone consultation include?
- 30-minute phone conversation with an Ireland destination specialist
- Offer expert advice on the trip components you’re considering
- Review your potential itinerary, address concerns, answer destination-related questions
We would love to chat to you even if you’re just considering different trip ideas at this point. We’re often asked questions about things like trip grading, group size, travel to and from trips, etc. so if you are wondering about any of these things please ask!