Killarney National Park, Torc Waterfall, Ring of Kerry, Valentia Island, & Dingle Peninsula
This special offer tour runs from late September to early May each year in the offseason. It is open to anyone who wants to explore Ireland with us. All hostel dorm accommodation is included in the price. Optional upgrades to various other accommodations are available upon request after you make your booking.
An awesome adventure that takes you through centuries of Irish history and to some of the most stunning natural highlights the south-west of Kerry has to offer. You also get the chance to experience the tranquil Killarney National Park, The tourist trail of The Ring Of Kerry and old Gaelic Peninsula of Dingle. This trip will give you the chance to explore the true hidden gems of the Kingdom of Kerry, by bike, hikes and bus.
- The Gaelic speaking peninsula of Dingle
- Slea Head Drive & Dunmore Head Walk
- Tour of Killarney National Park – (Optional bike hire)
- Spectacular Wild Atlantic Way walk
- The views of the Skellig Islands
- Bray head loop walk & Valentia Island
- Ring of Kerry Sheep Dog Demonstration (Autumn & Spring time only)
- Torc Waterfall
- Your local Irish Guide
- All transport around the Kingdom of Kerry
- 2 nights accommodation and 2 breakfasts
- Personally guided nature walks
- Try some of the best fish and chips Ireland has to offer
- Walk OR Bike through the magnificent Killarney National Park
- Explore the colourful town of Dingle and Killarney
- Experience local Irish Pubs with traditional Irish Music
|Depart From||9.30am Cork – Marks & Spencers, Merchants Quay, Cork City, 9.45am Cork – Entrance to Castlewhite Apts Western Road, 9.30am Limerick – Flag Pole entrance to UL|
Day 1: Depart for Kerry
We leave our pick up point and make our way to the south-west of the country to the beautiful Killarney National Park.
Here you will meet your guide for a relaxed pace tour of the National Park while visiting all the main attractions, such as Torc Waterfall, Muckross Gardens, Muckross Abbey and the lower lake.
Afterwards, you will have plenty of time to explore the town before checking in to the accommodation in the evening, in time to discover the nightlife of what this great town has to offer.
Note: This full day is not included in the 2 Day Kingdom Explorer Tour – we do however cover some highlights of the park returning from the Ring of Kerry on the second day of the 2 Day Kingdom Explorer Tour.
Tips: You can choose an optional bike tour for an additional fee. Make sure you visit the Quinlans Fish shop for some serious portions of tasty fish and chips.
Day 2: Dingle Peninsula
Today is a truly magnificent day full of jaw-dropping scenery, amazing coastal walks, secluded beaches and tasty local produce.
We begin our day with a stroll along Inch Beach. Famous for movie scenes and popular with surfers, walk along the long, wide and serene stretch of beach and get lost in your thoughts.
From there it’s onward to the Slea Head drive. This is a stunning and dramatic drive tour of the edge of Europe. With its sheer cliff side drops on onside and the patchwork green fields on the other side. Plenty of splendid photo stops combined with stories of Irish folklore, local legends, and historical information.
Isolated from the rest of Ireland by the impressive landscape, this Dingle Peninsula hiking tour will take you where the locals go. Follow a coastal trail on windswept cliffs, perched above beautiful coastlines. This amazing guided tour takes you along the spectacular Wild Atlantic Way as you experience the most dramatic scenery that Ireland has to offer.
After the hike, you will get the chance to sample the fresh seafood and local craft beers in a nice cosy Irish pub. Discover the bustling and colorful Dingle harbor town. For the active traveler who wants to experience a real slice of Irish life, this compact day adventure tops the menu.
Tips: If the weather is good , bring a packed lunch to have on the rocks overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Taste any of the local brews in Dingle town, whiskey, gin, Tom Crean Larger or West Kerry Ale.
Day 3: Ring of Kerry
After we check out of the hostel, we then continue to Ireland’s most famous circular trail, The Ring of Kerry. This trail is 180km in circular length around south Kerry and includes some of the most thrilling routes in all of Ireland.
Our first stop is at an engaging sheepdog demonstration with local farmer Brendan. This is a true Irish experience as Brendan takes you through the many skills of a sheep farmer and sheepdog, in a very witty and humorous way. (Summertime only)
From there we break away from the tourist trail and visit Valentia Island, with the welcoming views of the Skellig Islands, made famous through the new Star Wars movie.
Onward and upwards to the Coomakissta Pass and then we descend into Killarney National Park.
We also visit Torc Waterfall before making our way back to our pick up point, as we bid you farewell until another day.
Tips: Make sure you sample Murphys Ice Cream, made from creamy milk of the Kerry cow.
DEPARTURE POINT INFORMATION:
9.30am departure from Merchants Quay (Riverside City Centre Bus Stop) SEE HERE
9.45am departure the from the entrance to Castlewhite Apts Western Road.
DEPARTURE POINT INFORMATION:
8.45am departure from the University of Limerick, flag pole entrance.
9.00am departure from Arthurs Quay, Limerick City.
- Highly trained local Irish Guides
- Journey of discovery in a Irish Experience mini coach
- 2 breakfasts
- 2 nights accommodation (2 nights in quality accommodation ).
- Personally guided nature walks
- Sheep Dog demonstration (From mid-April only)
- Demonstrations of local craftsmen at work
- All relevant taxes.
- Plenty of free time in many of the towns and villages we visit.
- Experience local Irish Pubs with traditional Irish Music.
- Many of the walks and hikes give you time to share the experience with like-minded young traveling companions.
Price – Optional Extras List
- Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Sea or Lake -Kayaking – €45 for three hours
- Bike touring on Valentia Island – €25
- Boat trip to the Skellig Islands ( very weather dependent) – €75 – selected departures only. Please contact us directly for more details.