5 Day West of Ireland Adventure Tour
The remote and isolated deep west valleys of Connemara is where this wonderful adventure tour of Ireland will take you. Through the lost valleys of Delphi, on a ferry boat to the sparsely populated island of Inis Mor where by day you’ll bike ride along the old country roads, with an abundance of stone walls and historical sites. And by night, by choice, you can enjoy impromptu music sessions in cosy island pubs.
You will also have ample time to experience the vibrant city of Galway. Take the opportunity to explore and wander its bustling streets, sample its famed culinary delights and traditional music scene.
Our tours include everything you need for a stress – free trip: accommodation, transport, Irish tour guide, breakfast, and a few key cultural inclusions that are simply not to be missed.
DEPARTURE POINT: 8.30 am Jurys Inn, Moore St Plaza, Parnell St, Store Street, Dublin, Ireland
Overnight for 2 nights in the wilderness of the Connemara Region
Explore the remote Gaelic speaking island of Inis Mor by bike, bus or pony & trap
Photo the inspiring Kylemore Abbey & hike the impressive Diamond Hill
Walk in the cobbled streets of Galway and soak up its lively atmosphere by night
Spend 1 night on the remote island of Inis Mor, the largest of the Aran Islands
Catch fantastic live Irish music performances and meet friendly locals.
Notes: 4 breakfasts. Continental breakfast in Hostel/Lodge. Mix of cooked & continental in B&B’s/Hotel.
How To Book
You can guarantee your place on the tour by paying a €50 (fully refundable deposit) or just register your interest in the Enquiry Form below
We’ve chosen high-quality accommodation in a variety of bed and breakfasts, Guesthouses, wilderness lodges and quality hostels.
Classic – Bed & Breakfast & House Hotels
Enjoy a warm Irish welcome in charming and locally owned Bed & Breakfast & Hotel accommodation.
B&B Single Supplement – is mandatory for solo travellers – Solo travellers must pay extra to have their private room.
B&B – Twin/Double Room Share – is automatically included when 2 travellers book together
Quality – Hostel & Lodge:
Rest up for the next day’s adventure in atmospheric and centrally located hostel & lodge accommodation. All prices are based on per person sharing. Multi-shared room accommodation is included with your tour.
Please choose your accommodation type on the Booking Form displayed on the right-hand side on desktop or below on mobile
Irish Experience Tours are small group tours based on a fixed but flexible itinerary where you stay with the same guide and group of travellers.
Unmissable activities are included. Where there are great options, we’ve left the final decision up to you. Feel free to choose your evening meals and lunches. All additional tour options are marked clearly below.
2 Nights Accommodation in Connemara
1 Nights Accommodation on Aran Islands & Galway city
Services of a highly-trained and professional Irish Experience tour guide
4 delicious and filling hot Irish breakfasts (B&B option)
5 full days in a smooth comfortable minibus
Experience traditional Irish music sessions in local cosy pubs
Connemara National Park
Ferry cruise to Aran Islands
Hike every day, including trails on the Aran Islands and The Connemara Region
Most daily activities and visits (see Tour Options below)
Day 1: Dublin to Connemara
- Visit the ruins 6th-century Cong Abbey and stroll around the grounds of Ashford Castle.
- Explore Connemara & Delphi Valley Region at your leisure. Take a self-guided cycling tour of the region – (Tour Option – €20 per person). Expect a mix of paved country road and forest trails.
Duration 2/3 hours approx. Cycling ability is required.
- Biking, not your thing? You’re free to roam this. Highlights of the Delphi Valley for both bikers and hikers may include:
- Variety of signposted forest walks
- Ashleigh Falls & Killary Fjord
- Idyllic lakeside and mountain views
- Overnight in Connemara
The average driving time today is 3 hour 30 minutes.
Day 2: Full Day Connemara Region
We spend another day and night in the wilderness of Connemara, so you don’t need to repack your suitcase. Just relax and enjoy.
- After breakfast is yours to design. Relax with downtime in Delphi. Or partake of the following options;
- Biking on country roads or Mountain biking through forest trails (Tour Option – €45 per person)
- Guided sea kayaking on Killary Fjord (Tour Option – €55 per person)
- After lunch, and a wee photo stop at Kylemore Abbey, one of Ireland’s most beautiful buildings, it’s then onto Connemara National Park for a hike around Diamond Hill for phenomenal views of Connemara.
- Discover the picture-postcard beauty of the Inagh Valley & Sky Road.
- Drop by Clifden, a quaint town at the heart of Connemara.
- Accommodation tonight is once again in Connemara
The average driving time today is 2 hours.
Day 3: Full day Inis Mor
Travel back in time as we spend the night on the Gaelic speaking island of Inis Mor. Miles of stone walls awaits
- Enjoy a 40 min boat trip to the island & choose to explore the island by bike or with a local guide on pony & trap or minibus
- Discover the most impressive stone fort in Ireland at Dun Aengus.
- Unspoilt beaches are located in a sheltered bays, and the clean blue water is perfect for a dip.
- Drop by local market shops for the famous Aran sweaters.
- Visit a nice cosy Pub for food and traditional Irish music experience.
- Overnight on the island
The average driving time today is 1 hour 30 mins.
Day 4: Aran Islands to Galway
County Galway’s exuberant namesake city is a swirl of colourful shop-lined streets filled with buskers and performance artists.
- Catch the 12pm ferry from the island to Rossaveal. Followed by a bus transfer to Galway city
- Stroll around the tribal city of Galway and take it all in – the busker music, the cobblestone lanes, the contemporary flair that blends well with its medieval past, and of course, the oysters’
- You will have some free time to soak up the atmosphere. Street performers, live music and dance and colourful locals will keep you entertained during your stay.
- Enticing old pubs that hum with trad music sessions throughout the year, and an increasingly sophisticated food scene that celebrates local produce.
- Overnight in Galway
The average driving time today is 1 hour.
Day 5: Galway to Dublin
Before we say goodbye, there’s still time for some of Galway’s top highlights.
- Enjoy some free time in Galway to explore craft studios, cafés and numerous quaint independent shops.
- Take a guided 2-hour culinary walking tour of Galway. Meet artisan producers and sample their products with your guide, who offers insight into local favourites and their ingredients. Food and drink tastings from nine different purveyors plus a goodie bag are included. (Tour Option – €60 per person).
- Discover the delights of Galway on a guided bike tour of the city (Tour Option – €30 per person). You will experience and see areas beyond the scope of other tours. You will have plenty of laughs along the way including a stop for coffee, during the 3- to 4-hour tour, so you get to re-charge your batteries and rest a while.
- Lush rolling hills and patchwork farmland as we traverse Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands towards Dublin.
The average driving time today is 3 hours 30 mins.
Please contact us on the enquiry form below for remaining 2020 dates
|2021 DATES||HOSTEL||B&B TWIN/DOUBLE||B&B SINGLE|
|April 11th & 25th||€529.00||€729.00||€929.00|
|May 9th & 23rd||€529.00||€729.00||€929.00|
|June 6th & 20th||€529.00||€729.00||€929.00|
|July 4th &18th||€529.00||€729.00||€929.00|
|Aug 1st, 15th & 29th||€529.00||€729.00||€929.00|
|Sept 12th & 26th||€529.00||€729.00||€929.00|
|Oct 10th & 24th||€389.00||€589.00||€799.00|